Sunday, August 24, 2008

The great summer vacation of 2008


Julie started the vacation a week early. She and Sonora visited Boise and Nyssa. Here is Sonora with her cousins Isaac and Aidan.
Here are a number of cousins: Reagan, Sonora, Sailor, Eva, Casey, Britain, Jacob and Aidan. Below is Aunt Eileen, her children are Aidan and Isaac.

We went white water river rafting in Jackson Hole Wyoming. Even around the 4th of July, the water is so cold you need wet suits. Not the most flattering picture we've ever had.


This is around 9000 feet elevation - still some snow in July

The family in a rather scenic post

Allene and Brian ran a 5k on the 4th of July in Rexburg ID. I always turn purple when I engage in aerobic activity. Allene did really well. I kind of tuckered out after mile 2 - I finished, just not how I wanted to. High elevation, not working out much in the month previous and several pounds overweight didn't help any.
We had several other activities during the vacation - just no pictures.
Julie and Sonora went to visit cousins in Boise/Nyssa the week before. Levi went on a week long backpacking trip in Missouri with Uncle Matt and cousin Trent. Katie went to EFY (Especially for Youth) at BYU. Julie visited Lisa and Craig Johnson - Katie and I did too - just a week later. Julie and I met through Lisa and Craig as room mates in college. Katie and I also visited Clark and Jo Schaffer. Jo took us out to a Hare Krishna temple that was kind of cool. Katie got a cool Indian outfit. Eventually we all ended up in Rexburg Idaho for the grand reunion with about 27 of us and where most of the pictures were taken.

This was a bit of a difficult vacation in that we knew the second we got back all our activities would be around moving and Julie taking her art class. We were VERY tired by the end of the activities. Still wonderful to do so many things and see so many people.

1 comment:

Jo Schaffer Layton said...

Great trip- glad we could be one of your stops!