Julie found directions for a home made vacuum table. The table is 36"x36". I made a box using 2x4's and then screwed down a 1/4" piece of plywood on the bottom side. The top side of the table was more tricky.
The directions called for drilling holes with a 3/32" drill bit. Well, that's nearly a 1000 holes. I used my neighbors drill press for a little while, but couldn't get to all the holes. My neighbor Lindle decided to help and we drilled all the holes in one go. We broke about 7 bits in the process. We also wore through nearly 3 cordless drill batteries. It was a lot of work.
The next day I put some supports in the box, sealed the lid on and drilled a hole for the vacuum hose.
Below is the lid - see all the holes?
Notice how the vacuum hose gos in the side of the box? It really works and hold paper very still.
No comments:
Post a Comment